Alvin Ailey was born and raised in Rogers, Texas. Alvin Ailey was born
on January 5, 1931. He died in 1989. Alvin Ailey s child was pretty harsh since
he was an African American boy in the Racist south. Life for him was tough
because in the 30s African Americans were being lynched and murdered by Klu
Klux Klan.
In 1960 the famous Revelations came to be. Alvin Ailey choreographed the
whole thing himself. Revelations is a mix between African American Gospel
singing and church services like being baptized was Take Me to the Water. The
songs were Pilgrim of Sorrow, Take Me to the Water, Move members Move, and Sinner
Men. My favorite dance in Revelations was Take Me to the Water. Take Me to the
Water was my favorite because I liked the choreography and the music equally
because the dance and song were balanced with each other.
GOOD NIGHT TRI STATE AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey William! I enjoyed your article about Alvin Ailey. My old dance teacher Ms. McLauren studied under him. I actually too Louis to see their performance this year and he enjoyed it as well!
ReplyDelete