-->
A few days ago I attended the Special Needs Olympics. The Special Needs Olympics was a very interesting experience. It was an interesting experience that gave me mixed emotions. I felt like a really blessed person while I watched people with a disability see life in a positive way.
I saw a lot of great things at the Special Needs Olympics. I saw some very nice helpers called ADT's. ADT's are the people who helped the participants play games and helped the participants feel good about playing the games. That made me feel blessed because the ADT's were volunteering to help people on their spring break. The ADT's attended the highschool were the Olympics
I got to see the cool games that the Special Needs Olympics had to offer. The participants went from looking frightened like a baby deer caught in headlights, to looking like a person whose dreams came true. That made me feel happy to see the participants enjoy what they were doing. I also got to see my cousin Jalen faced his second biggest fear, wheel chairs. He had to face his fear or he wouldn’t have been able to play the fun games that the ADT's had. Jalen sucked it up and played basically defeating his fear for a brief moment. That made me feel really good for him and made me feel blessed because of his courage.
Jordan, my
friend, and I walked around so we could see all of the participants/ADT's show
there stuff. Once you got into the core of the arena there was an ocean of
wheel chairs. During my walk around one of the participants chased Jordan and
I. That participant also pushed my mom. At that moment I felt like we had to go
as soon as Jalen got his reward for doing very well. I didn’t want to leave
because of the kid chasing Jordan and I. I wanted to leave because I didn’t
want Grier (my little sister) to get run over.
After
seeing people who can barely move look so delightful I thought something new.
The new thing that I thought was that I need to stay positive because if people who have disabilities can stay positive I need to stay positive when things are going tough for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment