Hey, I’m back with great news. Last Saturday I was at the Pitch Fork Music Festival. I got in for free
and was in the V.I.P section. You're probably wondering how I got into the festival for free right? Well,
it was pretty simple my mom found a writing camp (one of the many camps I
attended now) that in order to get in you had to write
about your favorite song or one of them. I chose a song called Remember the
Name. That song is very cool to me because of its instrumentals and its rap.(Before you go and buy this song make sure to get the clean version.) That is not my favorite song. I don’t have a favorite song although I like that
song a lot.
A few weeks after I sent my document my mom got an email saying that I
got in the camp. The camp was held at a store called The Boring store. (The
store wasn’t boring at all it had cool stuff inside of it.) The class was on learning how to
interview people. We had to learn how to interview people because we would be
interviewing some of the bands at Pitch Fork.
Yep, you heard me interviewing bands at Pitch Fork. I went on the last day
you could have gone Sunday. I interviewed the following bands: Zola Jesus,
Health, Shabazz Palices, Kirt Vile, and a DJ Chrissy Murderbot. When I entered
Pitch Fork I didn’t know what to expect. While inside of the festival I felt
cool but at the same time I felt sick. The cool feeling came from the artists
taking us seriously and being in the back stage area. The sick feeling came
from smokey ,fat, sweaty, and red-faced guys. My overall experience was outstanding.
Like I said the artists took us seriously, which made us happy. The
artists also talked on our level as children without being condescending. I
read a article about Pitch Fork before I went there and it talked about how
Pitch Fork has a lot of people coming. It has about 1800 people everyday.With that said it's big but not to
big. There was also something in
the article that said that there was going to be this band that raps.
The band raps about abusing women
and raping girls. It also raps about beating gays, bisexuals, transgenders, and
lesbians. I disliked the band the moment I read the article. The bands name is Odd Future Wolf Gang. I did not hear them play or interview them thank god. In my opinion you should show your talent to get famous not make people scared to get famous. Unless your talent is to scare people.
GOOD NIGHT TRI STATE AREA
I loved reading this blog. I was very excited for you to attend. You came up with some great questions. I hope you were inspired by the performers and their musicianship. I was a bit nervous about what you might see back stage at a concert with several young bands. You stepped up to the plate and handled yourself well. I love it when that happens! You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteThis was a nice blog post. I am going to reconsider NOT putting on my educator's hat and making corrections. Please proof read this again and I hope you make sure words like "attend" have the correct suffix on it when referring to the past tense. Also, my pet peeve is when people use the possessive pronoun "your" instead of the contraction "you're". Please proofread this