Michael Jackson

[url=http://www.avatarsdb.com/][img]http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/panda_kiss.gif[/img][/url]

Friday, September 9, 2011

My Second City Performance


         Hey! New post again and its about my Second City performance. For the past two weeks I was in a camp at Second City. In the camp we had an Improv class half of the day and a sketch comedy class the other half. In this post I will talk about the class, breaks, and the performance.

          Before I talk about my class I will state my teachers name. My improv teacher's name was Robert. My sketch teacher's name was Kate. They were both amazing teachers. Even though I know improv games after working with Robert I think I have become a better improviser. He called me out many times in class saying in front of all the students he’s great and he has talent. Kate was a fun but hardworking teacher. In her class we would make sketch comedy. This is the opposite of improv. In this class we make scenes and then we either say no to that scene or yes. In this class I learned about the different types of scenes. There are three different types of scenes. There is a Blackout. A blackout is scene where they have 1 joke and the lights go down. Like if a guy goes to starbucks and asks for coffee and the cashier says that will be $44.There was a scene called an Extended blackout. After hearing what a blackout is you probably know what an extended blackout is. Then last but not least a regular scene. A regular scene is like a Saturday a Night Live scene.



                                          The performance was awesome. We did an excellent job on the sketch and the improv. I am getting a DVD of the performance to. After the performance my teacher Robert said "You have a talent  in a lot of thing if you harness them you will be excellent harness them".  That made me feels good. That’s how my Second City went.






GOOD NIGHT TRI STATE AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment